Nealh Sec. Cortes Sets Up Shelters and Begins Testing

After torrential downpours and flooding in the XerĂ©m, Duque de Caxias, Brazil region the Brazilian Health Ministry has sent State Sec. of Health Dr. Sergio Cortes. Dr. Sergio Cortes on a complete tour of the over flooded region. The Brazilian State Department of Health in conjunction with several dozen Epidemiological Surveillance teams have begun trading on cleaning up the contaminated waters rather than contributing to the spread of diseases like leptospirosis, hepatitis A and diarrhea. Sec. of Health Dr. Cortes also informed us on Linked In that the Aedes aegypti mosquito is the chiefly responsible for the spread of several types of viruses and diseases as well. Dr. Sergio Cortes and his teams in addition to being on the lookout for contaminated water to treat they also are working on depleting any standing waters left over after the deluge that may be contributing to the problem by creating a breeding ground for the this particular species of mosquito. Dengue fever, Yellow fever, the Chikungunya virus and the new and the particularly vicious Zika virus. As of late Dr. Sergio Cortes believes that there may actually be a link between the Zika virus and Microcephaly of very powerful neurological autoimmune disease that has caused over 4000 birth defects in Brazil since only October of last year. It seems that Brazil’s epicenter of the new breakout of the Zika virus. Dr. Sergio Cortes told us on twitter that 80% of the people show no symptoms when they have contracted the Zika virus. The other 20% of infected people usually only show very mild symptoms like fever, and some also aches. A recent article in Extra Global
details some of the work that Sec. Cortes and his teams have been doing to try to combat spread of diseases in the most heavily affected and flooded region of Brazil. The State Secretary Cortes and his teams have managed to open seven shelters with the premise of being able to help the local citizens by having 12 hydration stations in the capacity to serve 300 people per day. The resulting government is also so troops, National Guard and evaluation teams to help disperse bottles of water. They also working together to decontaminate freestanding waters found in the region. State Health Government agencies passed out 10,000 bottles of sodium hypochlorite it announced residence in team members alike to use them to help disinfect contaminated waters in the city. The Brazilian State Department of Health under the direction of Dr. Sergio Cortes also handed out over 3000 antibiotics outlets in the already gathering samples to the help combat these diseases.

Get updated on this story, Follow Dr. Sergio Cortes here

Linkedin

as well as on

Twitter